things that I like and look at ..........

Stuff to share, stuff I like, things that make me happy, things that bring joy
and lots of other things as well. It might make no sense, infact if its here, it very likely is a load of stuff & no sense

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Harris walk

Our first real day out in Harris, was an incredible walk to what felt like the edge of world.
The weather was maybe typical Hebridean weather, incredible variable yet all welcome from sun to rain to hail
We went up a 400m peak, across peat bogged land, covering wet, quaggie yet infinitely springy ground.
It was tough going and at several points along the way, my unfit middle aged body almost gave up, yet some how I completed the walk, mostly spurred on by the soul food of the scenery, however wet and tired I was, the surroundings where beyond what I had hoped for.












Huge hailstones



White white sand and gin clear water















A happy sighting















It is rainbow country, on our walk today, we saw 4 rainbows and 1 of those was a double rainbow.



I had quite a long conversation with this lone sheep.















and then.... there is THE TWEED!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment